Skype has finally released an iPad version of their app! The new and improved app brings everything you’d expect from a Skype app; instant messaging, audio/video chat and video conferencing. Surprisingly all of the app’s functions work over 3G as well as WiFi – although the video quality is horrible over a 3G connection!
UPDATE: Apple has apparently removed the app for unknown reasons.
UPDATE 2:The Skype for iPad app is now back in the App Store!
• Join Skype on your iPad in a few moments or just sign straight in to your account.
• If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
• We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
• Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
• Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
• Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
If you want to download the iPad version of Skype, open up the App Store and search “Skype for iPad” (it’s different than the iPhone/iPod Touch app) – or, you could download it here.
Stay tuned for more new related to “Skype for iPad”.