How to Restore Your iPhone, iPad Without Losing Jailbreak
Compatible with all jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 5.0 through 8.1.
- 5-10 minutes of your time!
- OpenSSH installed on your device
- A computer running Windows or Linux
Important! Read this or you may regret it!
- SemiRestore supports Windows XP SP3 or higher.
- SemiRestore supports 32 & 64 Bit Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or a higher equivilent distro).
- Windows users must have iTunes, and .NET 4.0 or higher installed.
- Linux users must have libimobiledevice, GTK 3, libusbmuxd-tools, and openssl installed (which should be by default).
- Linux users must read the README file
- There may be a better way to fix your current problem. For example, to fix “Safe Mode” issues, you can just uninstall Mobile Substrate from Cydia.
- Like any other restore, make sure you backup your data if you want it later.
- Avoid using your iOS device or anything related to iTunes or XCode during the Semi-Restore. Why not actually go outside?
- This process can not and does not repair broken system files! Avoid all Siri Ports, as they are not only illegal (except for Spire on 5.0.1) but they also create problems and may potentially break system files (even Spire can cause this).
- Your device will respring or reboot several times during the Semi-Restore. This is perfectly normal, so don’t panic.
Download Semi Restore windows
Download Semi Restore Linux
Download Semi restore MAC soon
Can I use this to go from firmware x to firmware y?
No, this only allows you to go to a fresh version of your current firmware.
Do I need SHSH blobs or APTickets for this semi-restore?
No, since this is not a full restore and is at the userland level, this doesn’t require blobs.
- I have a question regarding the jailbreak process or jailbreaking in general.